Happy Birthday to My Dear Twin Sister | English Poem| Brejesh Aiyer




I wonder how righteous my actions,
How honest my deeds were,
In my past life that the holy one,
Graced me with a twin, so true, so near.


Over a span of a decade and eight,
We have fought over matters trifling and not.
But invariably, and thankfully to your ever so forgiving nature,
Our love remains strongly wrought.


I am asked more than oft by friends near and dear,
Whether you resemble me,
I say we do share a common face,
But your nature is truly more virtuous and free.


Whenever I have faced a dilemma, a puzzle,
Which I have given up on,
It is you, who with your optimism and encouraging tone,
Have ignited a passion, a will to work is reborn.


You have taught me to love, taught me to care,
Without any discrimination or bias so,
For bringing out such good in me twin,
To your noble prowess, I deeply bow.


It’s true we aren’t very much alike,
The opposite sides of a coin,
But we do share a common trait,
This is love for each other divine.


As your brother and a twin at that,
I shall be your shield against all evil and harm, 
A shade against unholy glares,
A heart full of love to keep you warm.


Happy Birthday dear sister, 
Let us be together today,
A chance to forgive and forget,
Whatever has come and whatever may.